Alright friends of Meh, I promised that today we would be getting something special in the mail for our One Love for Chi/Blogathon fundraiser, and it’s here!
Originally the delivery was slated to arrive around 3 in the afternoon, so I was surprised when the FedEx guy came around 11. Each box weighs about 26 pounds, and it reminded me of the days when I worked at GameStop as an Assistant Manager. I loved shipment days.
Courtesy of the amazing folks at Activision, Team Hero, and Dan Amrich (otherwise known as OneOfSwords), we were given not one..not two…not three, but FOUR complete Band Hero kits to give away as prizes during the Blogathon starting on July 31st!
Each kit includes: the Band Hero game, a microphone, guitar, and drum kit. This is the real deal folks! We have two kits for the Nintendo Wii, one kit for Xbox 360, and another for Sony PlayStation 3. All Band Hero equipment is fully compatible with Guitar Hero, which is awesome, and all kits are retail sealed.
Band Hero comes with an impressive 65 tracks straight out of the box, with some notable songs and artists like:
- Bravery, The – Believe
- Carl Douglas – Kung Fu Fighting
- Cheap Trick – I Want You To Want Me (Live)
- Culture Club – Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- David Bowie – Let’s Dance
- Devo – Whip It
- Duran Duran – Rio
- Everclear – Santa Monica
- Fall Out Boy – Sugar We’re Goin’ Down
- Filter – Take A Picture
- Finger Eleven – Paralyzer
- Go-Go’s, The – Our Lips Are Sealed
- Hinder – Lips Of An Angel
- Jackson 5 – ABC
- Janet Jackson – Black Cat
- Joan Jett – Bad Reputation
- Katrina And The Waves – Walking On Sunshine
- Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved
- Marvin Gaye – I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones – Impression That I Get
- N.E.R.D. – Rock Star
- No Doubt – Just A Girl
- No Doubt – Don’t Speak
- OK Go – A Million Ways
- Papa Roach – Lifeline
- Pat Benatar – Love Is A Battlefield
- Poison – Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Roy Orbison – Oh Pretty Woman
- Snow Patrol – Take Back The City
- Spice Girls – Wannabe
- Styx – Mr. Roboto
- Taylor Swift – Love Story
- Taylor Swift – You Belong To Me
- The Rolling Stones – Honky Tonk Woman
- Tonic – If You Could Only See
- Turtles, The – Happy Together
- Village People – Y.M.C.A.
- Yellowcard – Ocean Avenue
- …..and many more!
Band Hero has some pretty awesome features as well. With Party Play, your friends can drop in or out of any song, without fearing you’ll fail it, and at the push of a button. You can also switch your personal options, such as instrument or difficulty. Sing-Along mode allows you and up to 3 friends to jam out, karaoke style. Just like in Party Play, Sing-Along allows your friends to drop in or out. Perfect for harmonizing at certain places in songs.
Should you wish to have four singers, four drummers, or four guitarists, you have that option in Band Hero, amongst other combinations. Xbox 360 players who have Xbox Live Gold subscriptions can use their Avatar characters and rock out in any mode, whereas Nintendo Wii gamers have access to an exclusive mode called Mii Freestyle. In Mii Freestyle, players can create their own songs, and be able to record/edit/share their videos showcasing their Mii’s. In addition to being able to use your Avatar or Mii, both Taylor Swift and Maroon 5 frontman, Adam Levine, are playable characters. Guitar Hero owners will love how you can import your tracks from Guitar Hero: World Tour and Guitar Hero 5 straight into Band Hero. So much better than having to constantly change out discs, no?
Want to win one of these? Then donate, or help spread the word to earn entires into our raffle. Each one of these kits sells for around $150.00 retail, not including tax, so wouldn’t you love to win one just by donating $10 dollars? I’d say that’s a pretty good deal!
I can’t even begin to express the amount of gratitude I have right now, because I am completely overwhelmed by Activision’s generosity. They have gone above and beyond, and I can’t thank them enough.