Over the Labor Day weekend, Nintendo wrapped up it’s Summer Games Competition. Over 200 finalists from around the United States met in Redondo Beach California to play wii games, get fit, and have fun.
While this may not seem like a big deal, it’s Nintendo of America’s first nationwide competition in the history of the company. It started with over 9000 competitors and making it to the top 200 is a huge achievement. Nintendo even had Olympic Gold Medalist Shawn Johnson lead a warm-up session with the top 200.
Congratulations to all the winners this year who will be listed below.
- Michael C. (Dad, 41), Amy C. (Mom, 40), Amanda C. (Daughter, 13) and Sean C. (Son, 6) of St. Louis, MO
- TJ H. (25) of St. John, Ind.
- Chris M. (26) of Highland, Ind.
- Bill M. (Husband, 66) and Bonnie M. (Wife, 58) of Westlake Village, Calif.
- Frank N. (16) of Wheeling, Ill.
- Zach H. (16) of Belvidere, Ill.
- Doug H. (Dad, 43) and Connor H. (Son, 12) of St. Louis, MO.
- Mike K. (25) and Sam K. (16), Brothers, of Winnetka, Ill.
All of the winner got to take home customized trophies fashioned after the Wii Remote Controller and various other prizes.
Some of the games that competitors played this year included: Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Mario Kart Wii.