Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is easily one of my most anticipated titles for calendar year 2012. I loved my experience with it at E3 last year, and everything I’ve seen supporting it over the last few months has been absolutely spectacular. I’ll be playing on the Xbox 360, since I currently lack a PC capable of playing even the simplest of games, but with today’s announcement of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s PC date, system requirements, and the first PC screenshot being revealed, the temptation to invest in a new rig is nigh irresistible.
While console players will be able to get their hands on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on May 22nd, PC players won’t have long to wait, with a PC release date of June 12th. For the sake of PC players, I’m glad that the occasional problem of incredibly delayed PC release after console is not a problem here, because this game looks BEAUTIFUL and has a great feature set.
- High quality visuals (DirectX 11 renderer, multi-monitor solutions, TriDef steroscopic support).
- DX11 enhanced tessellation, realistic lighting, volumetric fog.
- Online widget for party, friends, and “Ghost Feed” functionality.
- Extended party functionality.
- Party text chat.
- Uplay friends system.
- Fully customizable controls.
Not every computer is going to be able to give you the best Future Soldier experience possible, however. Here are the minimum and the recommended requirements:
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows® XP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
- PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card**
- DIRECT X®: DirectX 9.0c
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card
- HDD space : 25 GB
- CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- RAM: 2 GB Windows® XP / 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®
- Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better
I need to get a computer hardware sponsor or something.