When it comes to Microsoft, I’ll admit I’m a huge fan of what they bring to the table. Today, Microsoft brings lots of new things to Xbox, and here is the big round-up of what has been announced. Below will include some small details and personal thoughts along with videos to each game. Enjoy, and while you’re at it, give a comment below on your thoughts towards these major announcements. These announcements are not necessarily in the order in which they were announced.
We start off the show with Halo 4, which is by far the best game out of the show in my opinion. I’ve always been a Halo fan and that’ll never go away. Below is the trailer and some gameplay that was shown at E3 2012. After seeing the gameplay I can’t help but want to throw more money at the game and scream like a girl to my good friend Jessica, the Community Manager of 343 Industry.
During the show we got to see some footage of Epic Games’ newest title, Gears of War Judgement. I’ve played all of the Gears of War titles, and I enjoy myself when playing alongside with friends. Honestly, the story to the series is GREAT and more enjoyable with playing with friends. Bringing more gameplay to an awesome franchise is perfect but how will it turn out? What do you think of the video below?
I happen to have a few friends who own all the Forza titles, but I’ve yet to get the latest game. Of course, after seeing the trailer for the upcoming Forza Horizon that is about to change. Microsoft has released a new trailer for what’s going to be one hell of a time. Enjoy the Forza franchise? Then you’ll enjoy the trailer below.
What would E3 2012 be without some Capcom love? Capcom has released an awesome trailer for the upcoming Resident Evil 6, which releases later this year. What do you think of the trailer? Do you think this game will be any good?
The Splinter Cell franchise has always pulled in many gamers. Today, Ubisoft is proud to announce Splinter Cell: Blacklist. This game is sure to be very enjoyable once released and brings back many features we enjoyed during the last game. In this story many countries have created a blacklist against the US and have ordered them to leave. Of course, the US doesn’t back down and sends in Sam to grab the blacklist. How will this turn out? Enjoy the trailer below!
It has been a long time since we’ve heard any news about Tomb Raider. The developers have finally come out of the dark to provide us an awesome trailer. The game is very dark and keeps viewers like me interested. How will this game be when finally released? Only time can tell and hopefully we find out soon.
The next part of the show included awesome XBLA exclusives. Signal Studios has a new title called Ascend: New Gods, releasing in 2013. The trailer is below. Who doesn’t want to kick some butt? How will this game be in 2013? We’ll need to wait for more information towards the game and I can’t wait for a few friends at Signal Studios to send over more information towards the game. (Once it’s close to release of course.)
Twisted Pixel has always had my heart when it comes to awesome Xbox Live Arcade titles. Today, they announced the game Lococycle. The trailer alone provides some mystery along with some awesome ideas. How will this game turn out? We’ll need to wait till 2013 for more news since at this moment they’re going silent on any news released towards the game.
The third game coming to Xbox Live during 2013 is Matter. When I saw the trailer below I thought to myself…is this a cooler version of Marble Blast Ultra? Sadly it’s not from the same team but it looks awesome. What do you think?
If that wasn’t all we got to meet up with the fun loving South Park crew to see an awesome trailer. What’t the game? South Park: The Stick of Truth. I’m a huge fan of South Park and I watch it nightly on Netflix. So why the hell not create a South Park game for you and friends to enjoy? With that said here is the trailer below!
One big announcement during E3 was from Harmonix, creators of the Rock Band franchise and Dance Central. Today, they announced Dance Central 3, which will bring lots of tracks from well known artist. How will this game be once released? That’s a good question! The game has always been fun and yet another dance game for families and friends to play is always perfect. Enjoy the trailer below!
We’ve grown used to hearing about fitness games on Xbox Live with Kinect support. Nike is proud to announce that they’ve teamed up with Xbox to provide a new way to keep fit and track of your daily acticities. Many of the features that were announced were quite amazing, such as sending the information to your Windows Phone and making sure you’re fit as ever. Kinect has really gone out of the way to keep families and friends active and Microsoft has made another good choice when it comes to keeping people in tip top shape.
Another major announcement was Microsoft bringing Internet Explorer to the Xbox 360. Yes, you just read that right! How will this be provided? Well it’s a part of Xbox SmartGlass. Xbox has always been keen on providing entertainment to the Xbox 360 consoles. Today, Microsoft announced this entertainment will be on your phone, PC, Tablet and the Xbox 360 console with the new Xbox SmartGlass. What is the Xbox SmartGlass, you say? Xbox SmartGlass is a new application for Windows 8 and the Windows Phone, along with other portable devices.
Xbox SmartGlass will provide many new features to many upcoming games, which include Madden and even Halo 4.
If that wasn’t all a large list of new partners in entertainment has been revealed:
- Absolute Radio –U.K.
- Ameba TV – Canada, U.S.
- BreakMedia – Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, U.K., U.S.
- Comedy Central Stand Up – U.S.
- Comoyo – Denmark, Norway, Sweden
- Corus Entertainment’s Franklin the Turtle – Canada
- GameSpot TV – Australia, Canada, U.K., U.S.
- Headweb – Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden
- Indie Flix – U.S.
- Machinima – All Xbox LIVE markets
- Napster – Germany, U.K.
- Nickelodeon – U.S.
- Paramount Movies – U.S.
- Picturebox – U.K.
- Quickflix – Australia, New Zealand
- Rakuten ShowTime – Japan
- Revision3 – Canada, U.K., U.S.
- Rhapsody – U.S.
- RTL XL – Netherlands
- Slacker Radio – Canada, U.S.
- SnagFilms – U.S.
- Terra (Sunday TV) – Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico
- The AOL On Network – Australia, Canada, Netherlands, U.K., U.S.
- The Weather Channel – U.S.
- The Whistle – U.S.
- TOU.TV – Canada
- TV3 – Spain
- Twitch TV – U.S.
- Univision – U.S.
- Wuaki – Spain
- Youzee – Spain
Who doesn’t enjoy music as well? I usually have Last.fm, YouTube, or iHeartRadio playing at random times throughout the day. Microsoft was proud to announce the new feature titled Xbox Music. What is this new feature? Well check out the video below!
On top of all of that, this year’s Summer of Arcade games have been announced. What games do you think made it to the Summer of Arcade promotion? Enough waiting! The list has been posted below. What do you think of the list and what game are you looking forward to playing?
- “Deadlight” (Tequila Works/Microsoft Studios). “Deadlight” is a puzzle platformer, where the player must take advantage of the main character’s agility to solve obstacles, and dodge zombies, manipulating the many interactive elements of the scenery. With more walking corpses than bullets, the feeling of danger is constant.
- “Dust: An Elysian Tail” (Humble Hearts/Microsoft Studios). As the mysterious warrior, Dust, your action-packed journey will take you from peaceful glades to snowy mountaintops and beyond. Battle dozens of enemies at once with an easy-to-learn, difficult-to-master combat system, and uncover the story of an ancient civilization on the brink of extinction as you fight to uncover your own past in a gorgeous hand-painted world.
- “Hybrid” (5TH Cell/5TH Cell). “Hybrid” is a pioneering third person shooter set in the near future, where global conflict exists between a species known as the Variant and a rebel human faction known as the Paladins. 5TH Cell strives to give players a completely new gameplay experience never seen before in the genre.
- “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” (Robomodo/Activision). “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” takes the best elements of the classic “THPS” games and gives them a fresh update to create an all new skateboarding experience. Tapping into fans’ muscle memories, and combining sharp visuals with the best controls ever in a Tony Hawk game, the feel is cutting edge yet timeless.
- “Wreckateer” (Iron Galaxy/Microsoft Studios). “Wreckateer” uses Kinect to put you in control of a massive castle-wrecking ballista. With the help of Wreck and Tinker, travel the land and destroy 60 castles using six magical projectiles, and explore the infinite ways you can wreak havoc with “Wreckateer’s” fully-dynamic destruction.
Next up is some more great news for entertainment on Xbox Live. More sports! I notice many of my friends will sit day in and day out on ESPN or watching UFC. Microsoft has announced NBA Game Time and NHL Gamelive Center.
What would E3 be without some Fable as well? We got to see a short trailer to this upcoming Fable title that releases this holiday. Now it’s not what we’re used to and have grown to love. How will this game turn out later this year? I’ll admit now I have very mixed thoughts towards the game and wish they would’ve kept with what Fable 2 and 3 provided. What do you think?
To end the show they provided some gameplay to the upcoming title Black Ops 2. I did enjoy the last title and wonder how this one will turn out. Who doesn’t want a game with horses? 😉 Anyways enjoy the video below and leave your thoughts to any of the videos and announcements that were made. What game do you think will be a huge hit? Did Microsoft do well with the list of upcoming games?