What do space bears and spaceships have in common? I’m not quite sure but they both appear in Iceberg Interactive’s 4X space-strategy game StarDrive. In this game you’ll be able to explore, expand, exploit and exterminate to your heart’s content. You will be defending your own territory against those who would take it. You can either use diplomacy or brute force in your campaign. You can design your ship to your liking by deciding where to place your ship modules. You can also maneuver your ship during battle and hide behind a friendly ship if you’re in need of cover.
This game was actually on Kickstarter in 2011 and as you can see it was a successful campaign indeed. They earned $10,176 over their original goal. After watching the trailer I noticed that the game has stunning 3D graphics which were designed by Zero Sum Games. Every aspect of the game was well thought out including the ship design. Zero Sum Games is a game developer based in Portland, Oregon whose mission is to create incredible and challenging PC games.
Daniel DiCicco, developer of Zero Sum Games, had this to say, “Creating StarDrive has been an incredible journey for me. I am grateful to everyone who has contributed to this project and to the community who had supported it so well. The release of StarDrive does no mark the end of development. Rather, it marks a new beginning. StarDrive is a living product and we intend to support and expand this game for many years to come. Have fun!”
Iceberg Interactive announced that StarDrive will now be available on Windows PC for $29.99 on Steam. During Beta, StarDrive was in the top 10 list for best selling games twice. Players love this game.
Some of the features of the game include:
- Real-time gameplay with a smooth zoom from a strategic view to a close-up view
- Control your ships with classic real-time strategy commands or take direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire
- Create unique ship designs using the modular ship design system
- Choose from eight different alien races or design your own
- Interact, negotiate and forge allegiances
- Expand your empire and colonize other planets, terraform and populate them and build them into specialized centers of trade or industry
- Research and unlock a myriad of technologies to advance your military and industrial capabilities
- Create custom fleet formations and you can also set rules of engagement in a fleet editor
- You can steal technologies, incite rebellions, or steal from your enemies using an agent-based espionage system
- Deploy ground troops form orbit to defeat enemies in ground combat
- Explore the rich universe that comes with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats
Below is the Teaser Trailer for StarDrive.
For more information about this game visit the website here: www.stardrivegame.com.