WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED?!?!!
For real though, I am thrilled. I have seen a ton of Rocket League this past year, but I have yet to experience it for myself. Rather, I have lived vicariously through Let’s Players and I love everything about it. It has rockets. It has soccer. It has customizations. What more do you need?
Bundled with the game, you will get all three content packs (Superson Fury, Revenge of the Batttle-Cars, and Chaos Run) as well as the exclusive Warthog (Halo) and Armadillo (Gears of War) skins for your car.
The Xbox One version of Rocket League includes:
- exclusive battle-cars: 16 cars + 2 Xbox One exclusives (the Halo “HogSticker,” an alternate version of the Warthog, and the Gears of War “Armadillo”)
- garage customization items: more than 400 different pieces, including paint types, wheels, rocket trails, antennas, and toppers
- maps: DFH Stadium, Beckwith Park, Mannfield, Urban Station, Utopia Coliseum, and Wasteland (with multiple variants of most of those maps)
- multiplayer: 4-player split-screen, 8-player online, ranked and unranked play, special mutator-themed playlist(s), private match support (with named rooms and optional passwords)
- game modes: exhibition 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, Unfair Mode (1v2, 1v3, 1v4), offline season mode
- more features: replay viewer, customizable controls, “mutator” game-variant options (ball type, ball speed, boost strength, max score, match length, etc.)
The game is set to release February 2016, with planned updates and DLC packs for the foreseeable future. I CANNOT WAIT!!!