Hello out there (Marooners’) Rockers! Harmonix released a bit of information this morning for Rock Band 4; some that we knew before, and some that teases what is to be coming up in the next few weeks. First the old.
This week, the monthly update for March is being released. The update adds to the changes Harmonix has made over the past few months. Included is:
- Career Mode scores will now post to the Leaderboards! Show off your competitive spirit while you and your band tour the world!
- New hair and hat options are coming to the Rock Shop, including the Pom-Pom Beanie and Winter Aviator!
- Repeated drum notes exploit has been removed!
- A big batch of bug fixes including:
- Allowing the “Locked In” achievement/trophy to be attainable
- Specific track note fixes/missing notes
- Notes following Big Rock Endings are now counted towards your longest streak stat
- Fixing issues with the Activity Feed for folks who have more than 30 friends
- Freestyle Guitar Solo toggle state will now save when the Xbox One is powered down
A few cosmetic additions, another wipe of drum leaderboards to help make things fair after the exploit, and a lot of bugs being fixed. They also announced that setlists will be making a return in the April update. So exciting things are planned for one of the best music games out there.
The second bit of information is a teaser as to who we will be seeing in March as DLC. Since the update is due this week, there will be no new DLC, but judging by what they have planned, I can easily wait. The artists are:
- 5 Seconds of Summer
- Carrie Underwood
- The Cranberries
- Fall Out Boy
- Luke Bryan
- Neon Trees
- One Direction
- Sam Hunt
Looking at the songs, no there isn’t a TON of “rock” but I see the potential for some really great songs being on there. I’m going to take a few guesses and say that the FOB one will be Uma Thurman, if not a large pack with multiple songs; One Direction will be What Makes You Beautiful; Neon Trees will be Everybody Talks; it wouldn’t surprise me if Carrie Underwood’s is her new single Something in the Water; it is possible 5 Seconds of Summer will have She Looks So Perfect, which would be paired with One Direction’s track; Luke Bryan has a lot of solid songs that would work, so I would just be taking a shot in the dark (That’s My Kind of Night? Crash My Party? Country Girl (Shake It For Me)?); Sam Hunt would more than likely be Take Your Time; The Cranberries’ Zombie is a highly requested song, so I would be shocked if it was anything else, except maybe Dreams. Those are my guesses. What do you all think? What would you like in Rock Band 4?