Have you always dreamed of having your own Radio-Controlled Combat Drone? Well, my friend, you are in luck, for Deep Silver has just pulled back the curtain on Homefront: The Revolution Goliath Edition for North America.
For those unfamiliar, Homefront: The Revolution is being developed by UK-Based Dambuster Studios, and, “throws you into an alternate near-future dystopia where a humanitarian crisis has brought the U.S. to its knees under brutal military control of a globally dominant Korean corporation. Surveillance drones, armored patrols and police violence have become every-day life in Philadelphia, the once proud birthplace of American independence. However, in the ruined outskirts of the city, resistance is getting stronger.”
Pretty cool, huh?
If that sold you, and you want to pick up The Goliath edition, this is what will be waiting for you;
- A radio-controlled scale replica ‘Goliath’ Done, with working lights and six-wheel suspension. The Apex-manufactured Goliath is one of the most fearsome weapons in the KPA’s Counter-Insurgency arsenal.
- A 32 page art book featuring Resistance-themed concept art and cutting-edge Apex technology.
- The ‘Revolutionary Spirit” pack, including the Red Skull motorbike skin, a Golden skin for your pistol, and instant unlocks of the Marksman Rifle, Sniper Scope and Remote Explosives for your Co-Op character in Resistance Mode.
- The Homefront: The Revolution Expansion Pass, entitling access to major single player expansions – further information to be revealed at a later date.
No price was yet given, but some great news for people who love free DLC was. All of the post-release content for Homefront’s co-operative Resistance Mode will be free to anyone who owns the game. This includes new missions, challenges, features, and additional items and equipment. The content will steadily roll out over the first 12 months after the game launches in North America on May 17th and on May 20th in all other territories on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC.
Lastly, even if The Goliath Edition doesn’t appeal to you, preordering Homefront: The Revolution will net you some bonuses regardless. This is where it gets a little tricky, and I will try to make it as simple as possible, as preordering at different places gets you different items (sigh…)
If you pre-order at any retailer, you will receive the Revolutionary Spirit pack, which is also included in The Goliath Pack above.
All digital pre-orders come with the Liberty Pack, which contains “two pieces of rare combat gear unlocked and ready to personalize your Co-Op character with the Liberty Body Armour and KPA Shock Trooper Helmet.”
If you pre-order from Gamestop, you receive the Guerrilla Care Package, which includes;
- The Guerrilla Care Package: Five ‘Resistance Crates’ full of random weapon blueprints, attachments, equipment and more.
- Combat Stimulant Pack: Give your Freedom Fighter a critical boost in the heat of battle.
From Amazon, you receive the Wing Skull Pack, which has;
- The Wing Skull motorbike skin for the campaign
- The Silver Pistol for the campaign
Lastly…ugh…If you pre-order from Best Buy, you net yourself a nifty Steelbook.
Are we done with those yet? Yes. Yes we are.
For the latest on Homefront: The Revolution, stay with Marooners’ Rock and let us know below if any of the above excites you. Also, please sound off about how much you hate the pre-order bonus system, or I may have to do it myself! =)