Today a new character released for the PS4 and PC title Street Fighter V. The fighter is Alex from Street Fighter III, he has had a troubled past dealing with his parents’ deaths and being raised by a family friend. The kicker? (Hah, I made an unintentional joke) For a limited time he is free!
The In-Game Shop for earned currency was added into the game today. This will allow players to use their Fight Money to purchase characters and Story Mode Costumes. Later this year, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, and Urien will be released. The reason Alex is free is because the shop for real currency (Zenny) has not being added into the game yet. Until it is added, all DLC characters will be on a free trial period, but once the shop releases the previously free characters will have to be purchased, with Fight Money, Zenny, or Season Pass.
Earlier this week, the game received a few updates including:
- Demonstrations: Learn the nuances of battle through helpful demonstrations and tutorials. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels.
- Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will earn players additional Fight Money.
- Online Rematch Option
- Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match when both players accept the rematch.
- Battle Lounge Improvements
- Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- In addition to all of this new content, numerous bug fixes and game improvements have been implemented.
Are you excited for new characters to be added to one of the biggest fighting games out there? Let us know!