While we don’t have a firm release date for the next update to the PlayStation 4, we now know many of the key features that will be a part of Update 3.50. Also, if you were lucky enough to be selected to be a part of the Beta Program, you will be able to access this new update, codenamed Musashi, starting tomorrow.
Arguably most exciting, especially for those of you with *ahem* computers that aren’t as powerful as they once were, you will be able to stream PS4 games to your Windows PC or Mac. Unfortunately, this feature is not available for testing in the Beta.
However, here are some of of the features that you can test, directly from The PlayStation Blog;
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features [sic] allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
If you’ve made it into the Beta, be sure to let us know below how you like it! If not, stay tuned to Marooners’ Rock to stay up to date with more details as they are revealed!