The Binding of Isaac was a hit phenomenon that came out in 2011 and captured people’s hearts with its cutely grotesque animations. Its first major DLC was released back in November 2014. Now, a year and a half later, it is coming to consoles!
Afterbirth will be adding a lot of content to the original game. Roughly over 100 hours of additional gameplay, 1000 new rooms, new items and much more! This copy will be erupting onto the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 10th, with a Wii U version releasing in the following months. Get it for $10.99 next month! The new features added are:
– Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
– Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
– Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
– Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
– Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
– 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
– 1000+ new room designs
– MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
– 120 new items–not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards–taking the item count up beyond 500!
– Alternate soundtrack!
– New secret transformations!
Uber secrets including:
– Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
– 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
– Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
– 100+ enemies, with new designs
– 8 new bosses
and to quote Nicalis Inc. “and probably 5 other features we can’t remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little brown nugget!”
Be sure to check out The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth when it releases next month!