As someone how happens to own every BioShock game many of us have been waiting for the official announcement ever since it leaked via the ratings boards. Well it’s been nine years since Irrational Games and 2K pulled you to terrifying depths in the underwater city of Rapture with BioShock, five years since your return to Rapture in BioShock 2, and three years since you skyhooked across the floating city of Columbia in BioShock Infinite.
For the first time, fans of the franchise can experience all three adventures remastered for current-gen consoles and digital PC. The moment you’ve been waiting for is here! Bioshock: The Collection will launch on September 13, 2016 in the U.S. (September 15 in Australia and September 16 internationally). Plus side for me is that it happens to release on my birthday. Now you may be asking, what will each game include?
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
Working with Blind Squirrel Games, the remasters of each game are making them look better than ever. Bioshock: The Collection brings the three titles together, complete with all single-player DLC as well as a never-before-seen video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” which includes insights from Ken Levine – over $100 of content – for only $59.99. That’s one killer price that you shouldn’t pass up on for tree games!