It has been announced that Psyonix, will release an enormous free update for its popular sports-action hybrid, Rocket League, June 20. This update will be packed with quite a bit and is something you don’t want to miss out on. You can see below for all the information towards this upcoming update heading your way soon.
Many of you may know Neo Tokyo was originally released as part of the “Rocket Labs” experimental Playlist. Well instead of babbling away enjoy the trailer below showing off the update new map and other features coming your way.
In addition to the fantastic new arena, the Neo Tokyo update also includes:
- The beginning of “Season 3” for Competitive Playlists, which resets all skill ratings and rewards last season’s players with exclusive Rocket Boosts that reflect their final rank
- An expanded Item drop system that adds…
- More than 20 “Rare” and “Very Rare” Item types for online, post-game drops
- An easy-to-use “Trade In” system that allows players to exchange multiple Items of one rarity type for an even rarer one.
- New “Painted” Items that offer different color variations on existing Garage favorites like Toppers and Wheels
- Special “Certified” Items that track specific in-game stats and increase in prestige the higher those stats go
- New Quick-Chat customization options that expand player choices for fast, in-game communication
- New Post-Game celebrations that spotlight the winning team and allow them to jump, spin, and boost their car to show off their accomplishments
- “Pillars,” a new experimental Arena that separates the field into three lanes via two massive walls in the middle of the stadium
- A new, in-game “Showroom” that allows players to view and purchase all previously-released and future premium DLC
- Eight new Trophies and Achievements on all three platforms
After the update, Psyonix will also release two Neo Tokyo-inspired premium cars that will be available first to owners of Rocket League Collection’s Edition on Friday, June 24 in Europe and Tuesday, July 5 in North America. Known as “Esper” and “Masamune,” the pair of futuristic vehicles will bring a distinctive anime style to Rocket League®’s ever-growing collection of playable vehicles. They join the two previously-announced Battle-Cars, “Marauder” and “Aftershock,” as timed exclusives for the retail release.
All four DLC cars will be available for digital purchase worldwide on Monday, July 18 for USD $1.99 per car (or regional equivalent).