2K today announced their first virtual reality offering, Carnival Games VR. Based on the popular Carnival Games franchise created by Cat Daddy Games. While I’ve had the chance to play Carnival Games in the past this is one interesting way to have us play the game. What’s this VR game all about and what will it include? Let’s keep on reading!
Carnival Games VR allows players to explore the park, interact with patrons and play up to 12 different games. Whether it’s scaling a castle in Climbing Wall or rolling for a high score in Alley Ball – everyone will find a favorite. In each of these games, players have the opportunity to collect tickets for fun virtual prizes when they enter one of four different Carnival Alleys. All prizes are held in the Play Room where they can be used to unlock unique achievements. In addition, players will have the opportunity to challenge their friends and see if they can earn the top spot on the online leaderboard.
“Virtual reality is an exciting new emerging platform that has the potential to enhance the way that interactive entertainment is created and experienced,” said Sarah Anderson, SVP of Marketing at 2K. “As our first foray into this space, we wanted to deliver a highly accessible entertainment experience that would allow players to immerse themselves in the familiar, classic fun of our Carnival Games series. With its stylized interactive environments and all-new features, Carnival Games VR will deliver the magic of the midway like never before.”
Players will have the chance to explore the park, interact with patrons and play up to 12 different game modes, including:
- Alley Ball: Roll the ball right into one of the holes at the end of the alley – try and get a high score!
- Ring Toss: Get rings to toss onto pegs for points so make sure you aim for the ones with the most points!
- Golden Arm: Wind up and test out your arm when you try to knock over the golden milk jug(s) with a baseball.
- Down The Stretch: Race to the finish by rolling the ball into the holes at the end of the ramp! Be sure to land them into the highlighted hole for an extra burst of speed.
- Pop Darts: Hit as many balloons as you can with darts but if you feel lucky, you can pop all eight balloons by hitting a moving target.
- Shark Tank: Don’t hesitate when it comes to hitting a moving target as fast as you can in order to dunk patrons into this water tank!
- Funnel Cake Stacker: It’s raining funnel cakes! Catch as many funnel cakes on the tray as you can.
- Swish: Test your basketball skills when you only have seconds to make as many baskets as possible.
- Haunted House: BOO! Don’t be scared when you jump in this moving cart where you need to shoot as many targets as you can while the cart moves through the Haunted House.
- Fast Pitch: Strike! Or maybe it’s a Ball – catch each pitch as best you can whether it’s swerving, slow or fast!
- Shooting Gallery: Quick draw and test your aim while you have unlimited shots to try and hit as many targets as you can.
- Climbing Wall: Don’t look down! Climb as fast as you can to reach the treasure at the top of the climbing wall.
Carnival Games VR will be available for digital download for $19.99 on October 28, 2016 for HTC Vive and PlayStation®VR, and later this year for Oculus Rift. Consumers and media will have the chance to experience the game at this year’s PAX West from September 2 – 5 at booth #S4 in the lobby of the convention center.