Bloody, metal gothic puzzle-combat platformer Slain: Back from Hell is now launching a little later on Xbox One due to some final tuning and a certification wait akin to waiting in line at the DMV. The team apologizes for the slight delay and is trying to get Slain launched as quick as they can. As of right now, there is no confirmed launch date, but it’s looking good that it will release before the end of October so Xbox One gamers will have a gruesome new Castlevania-style game to power through this Halloween.
After initially releasing on PC earlier this year, Slain underwent a complete overhaul that has been widely praised by critics and gamers alike. Since being revamped, Slain’s Metacritic score has increased 35 points to 75% and the community has lauded Digerati, Andrew Gilmour & 22nd Century Toys for their commitment to Slain’s post-launch update efforts.
Slain: Back from Hell features brutal arcade style combat with bloody, intense platformer gameplay that puts a strategic twist on the classic hack-and-slash games of the ‘80s and ‘90s. The game features:
- · Challenging ‘elemental’- based melee and magical combat.
- · 6 hours of bone-crushing, metal-fuelled mayhem & gore.
- · Choose from 3 unique weapons in your fight against the demon hordes.
- · Full soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant formerly of Celtic Frost. \m/
- · Cunningly concealed secrets (shhh).
- · Boss fights, mini-boss fights, sub-mini- boss fights &; macro-sub- mini-boss fights.
- · No laborious leveling, no tedious grinding, no wimpy crafting!
Check out the trailer below!