Last year, Dead by Daylight was released on PC. To date, Dead by Daylight has sold more than 1.8 million copies on steam. Today we learned that Dead by Daylight will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One sometime later this year.
Earlier today, developer Behavior Digital and publisher Starbreeze studios announced that Dead by Daylight would be coming to PS4 and Xbox One digitally sometime in 2017. The multiplayer four vs one horror game originally sold for $19.99 USD.
Mikael Nermark, Starbreeze CoO accompanied the announcement with the following statement:
“We’re proud of Behaviour Digital’s success with Dead by Daylight and can’t wait to deliver it to consoles together.”
Stephen Mulroney, Senior Vice President at Behaviour Digital added:
”Being able to share Dead by Daylight with console players, many of them counted among our loyal viewers, is very exciting.”
Stephen Mulroney and Mikael Nermark both stated that there is currently no release date or price set for the Console versions of Dead by Daylight, but they will be announced at a later date.
For those who are interested in a multiplayer horror game, an overview of Dead by Daylight is provided below. Dead by Daylight should make a good addition to many gamers libraries this year, especially those who enjoyed the Evolve franchise.
Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors’ goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer – something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.
• Survive Together… Or Not – Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Your chance of survival will vary depending on whether you work together as a team or if you go at it alone. Will you be able to outwit the Killer and escape their Killing Ground?
• Where Am I? – Each level is procedurally generated, so you’ll never know what to expect. Random spawn points mean you will never feel safe as the world and its danger change every time you play.
• A Feast for Killers – Dead by Daylight draws from all corners of the horror world. As a Killer, you can play as anything from a powerful Slasher to terrifying paranormal entities. Familiarize yourself with your Killing Grounds and master each Killer’s unique power to be able to hunt, catch and sacrifice your victims.
• Deeper and Deeper – Each Killer and Survivor has their own deep progression system and plenty of unlockables that can be customized to fit your own personal strategy. Experience, skills, and understanding of the environment are key to being able to hunt or outwit the Killer.
• Real People, Real Fear – The procedural levels and real human reactions to pure horror makes each game session an unexpected scenario. You will never be able to tell how it’s going to turn out. Ambiance, music and chilling environments combine into a terrifying experience. With enough time, you might even discover what’s hiding in the fog.