I do enjoy a good shooter and when it comes to FPS (First Person Shooters), I think of quite a few. This time the team is wanting those of you that love the Sniper Ghost Warrior franchise to learn more about the “Safe House” within the game. What all things can you do in this safe house? What things can you create and more? You’ll be able to find out in full detail of what you can do in the upcoming game that releases in April 2017. Let’s dig into release from the list shall we?
Listed below are some key things players can access in the Safe House:
The Weapon Cache is a place where the player can change his or her loadouts. Primary weapons, secondary weapons, side-arms, gadgets, weapon skins and armors can be purchased and equipped here.
At the Workbench, the player is able to craft regular and special bullets, gadgets and medkits using resources found in the world. There are five kinds of resources, each used in different proportions to craft different equipment such as special bullets, gadgets, and to modify weapons and attachments.
The currency in Sniper Ghost warrior 3 is called ‘Trading Goods’. Players can purchase almost everything available in the game for it – starting with grenades and medkits, and ending with weapons. The Trading Goods can be acquired by various actions during gameplay: completing main story missions, completing side operations, finding collectibles, assassinating most wanted targets, helping civilians or just simply by being found in the world.
- Luring Bullet: Can be used to lure enemies into desired spots while not raising an alarm. Players can easily dispose of enemies that can be seen by others. Simply lure them out of sight and take them out. It can also lure enemies out from behind obstacles and into view.
- Tagging Bullet: Extracts a pulse that locates enemies through obstacles. It allows players to tag enemies in places where flying the drone would be too risky or would take too much time.
- Armor Piercing: Can be used to take out targets hiding in cover, so thin walls, fences, and even metal will no longer stop shots. It’s very effective against armored vehicles.
- EMP: Emits an electromagnetic pulse that disables vehicles and electronic devices within a small radius. A well-placed shot can ensure enemy reinforcements won’t arrive on the location, disable CCTV cameras, or can lure enemies by frying a power generator.
- Explosive Bullet: If you no longer care about stealth, then this is your bullet of choice for one-shot, one-kill sniping.
- DARPA: Experimental homing bullets that allow players to ignore wind and gravity, making these severe-condition shots much easier to execute.
Gadgets and combat gear are a large set of tools available through crafting or purchase that will help players execute their planned approach. These gadgets differ in their intended use, ranging from offensive frag grenades to defensive warning devices, but it’s ultimately up to players to choose how they’d want to use them.
- The C4 charge, typically an offensive item, can be planted as a diversion to make enemies leave their posts and investigate what’s happening while the player sneaks past them.
- The throwing knife can be used to silently take out enemies without expending valuable suppressor durability, but can also be a last-resort attack in case of a spent magazine.
By choosing gadgets that best suit their style, players can greatly expand the variety of available tactics.
The player can modify weapons with currently unlocked attachments. New attachments, weapons and gadgets can be unlocked by completing missions, but can also be found distributed on outposts or out in the world. New attachments can be unlocked by accomplishing open-world activities such as saving civilians. Once unlocked, attachments can be purchased from the shop along with ammo, gadgets, med-kits and armor using the in-game currency.
Just reading all the customization we can do has me interested on what I can personally do to the enemies in-game. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 launches on the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC on April 25, 2017.