So as a few of us here at Marooners’ Rock are finally getting some time with the new Nintendo Switch, there are a handful of games that many probably forgot to look for. Sure, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is probably the best reason to own the new console, but there are some awesome games available now on the E-Shop.
Now, for the moment we’ll only be looking at titles on the USA E-Shop, but there are some exclusive titles to the Japanese region which are still playable. More on that later. For now, these are the games available so far:
- 1-2 Switch – Throw an impromptu party anywhere with anyone thanks to a new play style in which players look at each other – not the screen! Bring the action and fun into the real world as you face off in Wild West duels, cow-milking competitions, a copycat dance-off and more wild activities. Each game takes advantage of the Joy-Con controller features in different ways. While the action unfolds off screen, the audience watches the players themselves instead of the screen. That makes it as hilarious to watch as it is to play – an instant party amplifier!
- Snipperclips – Cut it Out Together! – Full Game and Free Demo Version – Hey, cut it out! No, really! In this action-puzzle game, paper pals Snip and Clip must cut each other up to overcome tricky obstacles … or just to laugh their heads off (sometimes literally). Partner up with friends or family to cut the heroes into the right shapes, interact with objects and solve a world of imaginative puzzles.
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment – The latest campaign from the critically acclaimed hit game Shovel Knight is a full-featured game starring Specter Knight, one of the villains from the original game. The massive prequel campaign includes even more content than the last campaign update, Plague of Shadows. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch system for a limited time.
- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove – For both new knights and its biggest fans, the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove game includes the original Shovel Knight game, as well as all previously released campaign updates – even Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment! Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be available on March 3 and is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch system for a limited time.
- Just Dance 2017 – Grab your friends and family, because it’s time to dance! The Just Dance 2017 game brings you more than 40 new tracks, five game modes, updated content all year long and access to 200+ songs through the Just Dance Unlimited service! A free three-month subscription to Just Dance Unlimited comes with every digital or retail purchase of Just Dance 2017 for the Nintendo Switch system.
- Super Bomberman R – The iconic party-battle game is returning as Super Bomberman R on the Nintendo Switch system. Dive into the simple yet addictive gameplay in Super Bomberman R by controlling the main character, placing bombs and battling enemies and rivals with a modern visual style.
- I Am Setsuna – The I Am Setsuna game introduces the authentic JRPG style of yesteryear to the Nintendo Switch system. Journey with Setsuna as she prepares to make the ultimate sacrifice and save the people of her land. A powerfully nostalgic experience, blending classic storytelling, battle system and gameplay.
- FAST RMX – Challenge your friends to local split-screen competition or take part in online races against players from all over the world.* This lightning-fast anti-gravity racer is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
Personally, I’m going to have to look into picking up Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, its such an amazing game that takes what was amazing on the NES and brings it to the modern era with lots of clever design choices. I Am Setsuna also looks great and I’ve been trying to find an excuse to pick it up. I’ll admit I’m a bit tentative towards some of the exclusive titles, mostly cause I have no hands on time with games like Snipperclips or FAST RMX. Hopefully, there will be a lot more demos to download in the future. Gotta try out that Snipperclips demo later!
Until then, what are you guys enjoying most on the Nintendo Switch? Let us know on social media or in the comments below.