In the two weeks since Mass Effect Andromeda launched officially to the world, the reception has been less than ideal for developer Bioware. Sitting at a 71 on Metacritic, it is by no means a bad game, but many claim it does not come close to the grandeur and legend that has become the original trilogy. The bright side of all of this? Bioware and EA have the means and resources to hopefully fix some of the issues that are hindering the enjoyment of this title and General Manager of Bioware, Aaryn Flynn, has detailed some of these changes in his most recent post.
This Thursday, April 6th, a patch will be released for Mass Effect Andromeda that will contain the following;
- Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improving localized voice over lip sync
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
Not stopping there, over the next couple months they plan on releasing further patches that will include;
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
These will also address the “performance and stability issues” that have been plaguing some players, and they are looking into adding “more cosmetic items to single player for free.”
It’s always great to see a developer take criticism and bugs in stride and work towards fixing as much as they can. Though it’s sad we can’t say this at launch, let’s hope that in a couple months Mass Effect Andromeda is up to the standard us fans and the developer expect.
How are you liking Mass Effect Andromeda so far? Have these issues been affecting your thoughts on the game? Let us know below!