Final Fantasy XII, originally released on the PlayStation 2 in 2006, is returning to the PlayStation 4 as Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age on July 11th, and today, Square Enix has released a trailer that focuses on and explores FFXII’s Gambit System. For those unfamiliar, the Gambit System allows you to assign rules and if/then statements to your party members. You have the ability to tell Balthier to heal any team member below 40%, or you can have Fran become a fire wielding superhero by restricting the type of magic she uses. The system provides a ton of depth and allows you to customize your party to your play style.
In the trailer, they give five reasons why the Gambit System is something special. They are as follows;
- Better Than Ever: Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age contains the update that Japan released called the International Zodiac Job System. It contains a new and improved Job System that allows you to become fan favorite archetypes like the Red Battlemage.
- Anything is Possible: The customization options are near limitless, and like I mentioned previously, you can see if/then statements to ensure your party members are set for any disaster.
- Maximum Strategy: Gambit System allows for incredible depth and the more you put into it, the better you will be.
- Balthier: Mastering the Gambit System allows you more time to gaze at Balthier…Nope, not even kidding.
- Play History: The Gambit System is based on enemy AI patterns from the original games, so playing FFXII The Zodiac Age is putting the powerful tools of these legendary developers in your own hands.
These are but a few reasons why the Gambit System and Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age should be on your radar when it releases for PlayStation 4 on July 11th, 2017.