While we were all hoping for a proper Pokémon title for the Nintendo Switch to be announced at today’s Pokémon Nintendo Direct, we instead were treated to the news that Pokkén Tournament DX will be hitting Nintendo’s newest console on September 22nd, 2017. Originally released in Japanese arcades in 2015 and the Nintendo Wii U in 2016, Pokkén Tournament DX is a fighting game that has you controlling Pokémon in a 3D arena and fighting for victory.
Pokkén Tournament DX will include all content from the arcade and Wii U versions, as well as the following;
- Play Pokkén anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokkén Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokémon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokémon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokémon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game.
You can get your first look at Pokkén Tournament DX below, and at the end of the video get your first look at Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, coming to Nintendo 3DS on November 17th, 2017
Are you excited for Pokkén Tournament DX? Were you hoping for a different announcement today? Let us know your thoughts!