Digerati Distribution along with K Bros Games has announced the atmospheric 2D puzzle-platformer Albert & Otto is coming to PS4 and Xbox One. The game will launch 10th January on Xbox One and 16/17th January on PS4 NA/EU. initially released on PC as the first of four planned episodes, the subsequent installments never materialized due to insufficient funding. By bringing the first episode to console audiences, developer K Bros hopes it may be afforded the opportunity to finally complete the story of Albert & Otto as originally intended.
Just watching the trailer below if you’ve yet to see the game provides a nice look at what you’ll be getting yourself into. Along with this good news from the teams are some key features the game will provide listed below as well.
- Unique mechanic utilizing a little bunny which the player can carry around or leave and/or remotely control in order to solve puzzles
- A story inspired by dark events buried in our history and told through a child’s drawings and clues scattered throughout the game that force the player to think outside the box
- Levitate sheep, use them as platforms to swim on, a torch to light a dark cave or as a distraction for wolves while you make a quick escape. (if your stomach can handle it)
- 2.5 – 3 hours of unique puzzles that utilize a bunny, levitation, electrical switches, wolves, piranhas and more
- Experience a mix of slow paced thought provoking puzzle design and fast unforgiving gauntlet sections
- Come face to face with intimidating larger than life mechanical monsters and outsmart them