The team at Digerati and Nerdook is pleased to announced that the downward 2D Monster Battler known as Vertical Drop Heroes HD is coming to the Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita in February. While I’ve traded emails with the team and watched a trailer for the game. I can’t wait for one of my writers as well as you to have access. Let’s dig into what the game is as well as when you’ll have access.
Get ready as all this information will be an overload and will teach you many new things. I know it did as I learned the concept of the game came from one person. Vertical Drop Heroes is a procedural platformer RPG hybrid with roguelike elements, where your hero adventures through randomly generated stages. Armed with a variety of skills and traits, you must use your cunning and reflexes to survive the dangers of each stage, until you face the final boss and uncover the truth behind the game!
- Randomly generated stages, enemies and bosses, resulting in a very replayable game
- Artwork, coding and animation done by one person, Nerdook, in his unique style
- Split screen, local co-op
- Destructible terrain and multiple uses for each skill gives you plenty of options to approach the different situations generated
- Tons of skills, abilities, traits and powers that you can unlock in the game, creating a different hero each time
- Unique combat system where proper planning is more important than quick reflexes
- Persistent upgrades allow you to carry forward progress between games, with a choice between increasingly expensive persistent upgrades or generally cheaper temporary upgrades
- Every enemy and boss has been designed to provide challenge and variety
When does the game come out? We’ll it’s within the coming weeks!
- PS4/Vita release date: February 14 (NA), February 15 (EU)
- PS4/Vita price (Cross Buy): $6.99/€6.99
- Xbox One release date: February 17
- Xbox One price: $7.99/€7.99
- Xbox One game page (10% discount for pre-orders)