Kalypso Media has just announced that the demo to Omerta – City of Gangsters has been released. I’ve seen many friends state that this game is very good. Maybe with the demo now on Xbox Live I’ll have the chance to see what they hype is about.
You can find the demo to Ometra by clicking here. You’ll be sure to have some fun as you play. Do you own the full version of the game? We’d love to hear your thoughts on this recently released title in the comments below. Though if new to the game you may be asking yourself, what is it about?
“Omerta – City of Gangsters is a simulation game with tactical turn-based combat. Taking the role of a fresh-off-the-boat immigrant, with dreams of the big life, the player will work his way up the criminal hierarchy of 1920’s Atlantic City, New Jersey. Starting with small jobs, his character recruits a gang and expands his empire by taking territory from other gangsters. Eventually he establishes his own crime syndicate and becomes the de facto ruler of Atlantic City.”
If that wasn’t all due to community feedback an update it being worked up for the game. The list below is what the update may include.
- New maps for multiplayer and sandbox modes
- Enemy gangs for Sandbox Mode – you’ll now have to fend of gangs that invade your turf and try to steal businesses out from under you
- Customizable game settings and goals for sandbox games
- Economy overview panel for current businesses with their efficiency, profit, ect.
- Visual representation of individual business types on the strategic map via icons
- Additional difficulty setting and “Iron Man” option (saving progress in strategic mode disabled)
- Massive overhaul of cover mechanics in turn-based combat
- Introduction of multiplayer chat and several other minor fixes/changes